- Ph.D in Bioengineering, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2022
- Advisor: Prof. Sergei Maslov
- Thesis title: Mechanistic modeling of complex microbial communities.
- M.S. in Applied Mathematics and Physics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, 2015
- Advisors: Dr. Dmitry Alexeev, Dr. Alexander Tyakht
- Thesis title: Development of a method to evaluate the diversity of metagenomes from the human intestinal microbiome on the basis of a k-mer approach.
- B.S. in Applied Mathematics and Physics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, 2013
- Advisor: Prof. Roman Efremov
- Thesis title: Computer modeling of structure and dynamics of lipid bilayer simulating bacterial membrane.
- 2022-present: Bioinformatics Fellow
- Gladstone Institutes, San Francisco, US
- I work on development of bioinformatic pipelines for metagenome-wide association studies (MWAS). I also study eco-evolutionary forces that shape human gut microbiome via strain level analysis of taxonomic and functional structure of the community.
- Supervisor: Prof. Katie Pollard
- 2022-present: Research Affiliate
- Institute for Sustainability, Energy, and Environment, Urbana-Champaign, US
- As a continuation of my work for CABBI, I perform bioinformatic analysis of multi-omics data for novel yeast species with an aim of discovering genes involved in low pH tolerance and antimicrobial drug resistance.
- Supervisor: Prof. Sergei Maslov
Community service and outreach
2022: Workshop “Modeling Microbial Ecology at Multiple Scales”, tutorial on consumer-resource models
2016: Workshop “NGS data analysis”, tutorial on WGS metagenomic data analysis
Mentoring students on “Science” career track through Phystech Union mentorship program since 2019
Reviewed manuscripts for Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Bioinformatics, PLOS Computational Biology, Journal of Oral Microbiology, Physical Review E, Current Genetics, Nature Communications.